Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mother’s Intuition

It appears that my mother’s intuition was correct. The doctors are finally agreeing with me that my son’s recent rages and desire to kill himself was brought on by the Seroquel medication he was taking. At first, they didn’t believe that it was possible, since they haven’t seen this reaction in their other patients, but after careful review, they agree with my mother’s intuition.

I think this is a good reminder that as my son’s mom, I am closest to the situation, bascially, I know my son best. I need to be more confident in my own ability to know what my son needs and what may be causing him harm. That doesn’t mean that I have all the answers, but I do bring something to the table that has value. Also, I think that it is important for us parents to trust our own instincts, even if that means telling the doctors more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment