Monday, August 2, 2010

The Ocean Heals


This past weekend, we took the boys to the ocean for a day of fun. After a 3 hour drive, we unpacked the car and my son turned to me with a smile on his face and said, “I just know that I’m going to feel good today and not have my anger.”

There’s something magical about the ocean. My husband and I have always felt that the ocean heals the soul and seeing the look on my son’s face, I could tell it had the same affect on him. It was so fun to see him in his element, laughing with his brothers, digging in the sand and running through the waves.

This was an amazing day. A day where we could just be a family and where our souls could heal.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! We feel the exact same way! There is something very calming and peaceful about the ocean! We are headed to the beach for a day on Wednesday. I know it will have the great effects on my son as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to the ocean :( Maybe THAT's why I'm still crazy! LOL

    Marybeth
    Ask a Bipolar

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha. can you send some of those magic beach vibes my way? Taz thinks he loves the beach but when he gets there he's hot and irritable. and we always leave early. so much for the relaxing quality of the ocean!

    ReplyDelete