Friday, October 22, 2010

My 100th Post

Today is my 100th post. I can’t believe that I even had that much to write about over the past 9 months. This blog all started after a very devastating night. I felt all alone and my brain was drowning in thoughts. Not knowing what to do with the pain, I sat at my computer and began typing to you. Since I’m not a writer, I was actually surprised how quickly the words poured out, it was therapy at it’s best. When I was all done I sat back with a feeling of peace and a quiet mind.

At first it was just an exercise in coping. I wasn’t even sure if I was going to post it on the internet. But then I remembered how difficult it was to find information that I could relate to when I was first looking into my sons’s illness. So I decided then to change that, hoping that there would be some other mom out there that could find comfort in my words, knowing that they were not alone.

Since then, I’ve become aware of the amazing community that is available to families like ours. From the Bipolar Kids website to the MDJunction support groups and all the amazing blogs that I was happy to find. Through them all, I’ve found tremendous support and education. And on some days, a place for a good cry.

What has encouraged me the most, has been your comments and emails through this blog. I can’t tell you how much they have meant to me. Hearing your own stories or just the words “this is just like my life” has given me so much support. I’m actually surprised that people have found this blog. At first, I didn’t even think people were even reading it until I got a counter and saw the numbers. It blew me away to see that there were so many families just like ours. To know that we aren’t the only ones gives me strength, if you can get through this, so can we!

So, on my 100th post I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for reading and thank you for sharing, you have helped to heal my broken heart and have given me hope for my son and his future.

To all my cyber friends who’ve reached out, thank you for making me laugh through tears (yeah, that’s you Marybeth) and for checking in with my family and showing you care. It’s like a hug everytime.

I also want to thank my amazing husband who has supported me in finding my own way to cope. I love you to the ends of the earth and as much as this journey has been difficult, I feel blessed to be traveling it with you.



4 comments:

  1. Any time love! And right back at you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm so glad you started blogging :) And I love it that you update frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across your blog from another...I think it was the Amsterdam International post. Anyway, just wanted to tell you how touched I am by your story and how much I want to just take you out for ice cream or lunch or something--just to help get away for a bit. My son has a very severe progressive neuromuscular disease, so I understand a lot of the pain/frustration/sadness you have expressed, though I would never presume to understand exactly what you go through. I applaud your honesty in this--it's something I have not been able to attain on my own blog. I guess what I'm trying to say is that while I wish to heaven neither of us had to deal with any of this, it's nice to know I'm not alone. Thank you for being so honest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your comment Devon. I’m so sorry to read about your precious son. I can’t even imagine what you must go through on your end. I do like the idea of meeting up for ice cream, I'm thankful that there are so many supportive families online. Can you imagine not having the internet and going through this? Tonight you and your son will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete