Thursday, November 25, 2010

Feeling Thankful

Feeling thankful is an understatement. Today, we arrived at my sister's house after 10 hours of driving and I'm so happy to share that the trip was a success. To say it went well is an understatement.

We left at 4 am and the kids were quiet for the first 4 hours. We were able to keep all the kids content with fun activities, dollar tree gifts every few hours and our most helpful tool, a separate car. My son switched cars about 4 hours in and was able to ride in peace with his grandparents. It was so helpful to have the kids separated when the drive dragged into it's final hours.

Unfortunately for our youngest, vomit was part of the journey, but what's a family trip without a little vomit?

My son seems so happy to be here, he said that he didn't want to miss this trip since he missed the last family vacation, he's also looking forward to our visit to the ocean tomorrow. Thankfully, it's only 15 minutes from my sister's house and the ocean happens to be his favorite place to visit. It should be a very good day.

Even though it's been such a long day and rough week trying to pack, I'm finally starting to relax and let go of all my worries. (deep exhale)

I'm also thankful for so much tonight. I'm thankful for all of you that reached out during this rough week. Your guidance lead me to reach out to our doctors more than once. I'm also so thankful for all of you that said that you were praying for my family during this trip, I really felt the love! I'm so thankful for my 3 flower girls, you help me get through each week with our girl time. I'm thankful for having such a supportive family who are always there for us and my sister who welcomed my 3 bouncing boys into her new home and is cooking us a thanksgiving feast. But tonight, I'm most thankful for my son who got to go on a family vacation and have some fun like a 9 year old boy should.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. My heart is so full of Thankfulness right now. Full of that and full of love! God is good, right? You 5 just have a great time and soak up that ocean air and peaceful tranquility.

    My love: Other Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. .We have to thank God everyday!! really God is good. He help us a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great, Mama! I hope it has continued to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time to see your blog and I was very moved by many of your post. I am bipolar and I often wonder if my future children will be afflicted. It is nice to read a mom's perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the Pink- Welcome to my blog, thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing your perspective in the future! If you care to share with us, when were you diagnosed? How are you doing today?

    ReplyDelete