Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ooops!


Yesterday, I forgot to give my son his afternoon medication. Right now he takes meds 3 times a day. Being type A and all, I preset my iPhone so an alarm bell would go off at each designated time. That way, I would never miss a dose.

So far, this method has worked like a charm. But in a single moment, after turning off the alarm bell and heading to the medication, I was distracted by one of my kids needing something and then completely forgot the medication, oops! My bad!

It’s disappointing that my iphone doesn’t have a sensor to make sure my brain stays on track, maybe Apple can work on that with their next upgrade.

Anyway, the day seemed to go fine, but last night those bad nightmares were back and my son came running to our bed in a fright to sleep with us.

I was actually surprised that a single missed dose brought those pesky nightmares back, we haven’t seen one in such a long time! But another part of me was very thankful that his medication is indeed doing its job.


1 comment:

  1. I have to take medication in the morning and at night, it's a pain sometimes but I have one of those pill containers that has AM and PM on it. G helps me remember too. I wasn't sure I'd be able to remember on my own and I guess he's still a bit young to have such a big responsibility. I'm sure he knows how hard you try to keep him on schedule.

    ReplyDelete