Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Happy Ending

Tonight my son and I watch the movie The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock. About a half and hour into it my son said, “this is such a sad movie.” I looked at him and explained that he needed to finish the movie because lots of good stuff happens in the end.

I explained to him that sometimes life’s hardships bring the sweetest rewards, that a lot of good stuff can happen that wasn’t possible without the bad stuff.

It got me thinking about my son’s life. As much as I worry about all the bad stuff that could someday happen, I know that I have an amazing kid and we’re doing everything possible to help him through his challenges. It dawned on me that we may be walking through our own inspiring story. That my son’s life has a happy ending that’s made more precious because of the challenges he’s overcome.

So tonight I find myself saying that our story isn’t over yet, just like the movie we watched, it only gets better, we just have to be patient to see our happy ending.


No comments:

Post a Comment