Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Creative Resource

I found this PDF book online that does a great job of simply explaining a mood disorder. It’s perfect for kids to read and understand, maybe share it with the whole family and relatives outside the home so they can get a better understanding of mood disorders without reading a large volume.

What really impressed me was that the book used illustrations created by kids who suffer with the illness. I think the art alone does an amazing job of expressing what they’re going through. Please check it out at the following link, I think you’ll be very impressed!

http://www.dbsalliance.org/pdfs/storm.pdf


3 comments:

  1. You are right, it is an excellent book. I printed one out for Mary to look at right after her diagnosis, or maybe it was just before her diagnosis? I now keep a saved copy of it on the desktop of my computer for easy access. I have printed it out and given it to teachers and relatives as well. Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome book! Thanks for posting. I'm looking forward to reading this to my little MadMan tonight at bedtime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad you can use it Gina!

    When I read it to my son he liked all the pictures but appeared bored with the info, he said, “I already know all that stuff!” I guess he could really relate!

    ReplyDelete