Thursday, February 17, 2011

Watch Oprah on Friday!

A friend of mine just gave me a heads up about an episode airing tomorrow, Friday 18th. I myself haven’t seen the episode yet, but I thought I would share the info so you can set your DVRs to watch it.

It’s about a 7 year old boy who tried to kill his mother with a knife. Supposedly, he shares his story on what it’s like to live with mental illness and they discuss what may be causing his rages. Already, I’ve read comments on Oprah’s website questioning the mother’s motive for being on the show and exposing her child to this type of media, while others that were present at the taping commented on the mother’s courage and strength. It should be interesting.

I imagine many of you will be able to relate to this story, I look forward to hearing your reactions after the episode aires.

* * *

Go to the following links to read about my reaction to this episode:

Episode Review:
http://mysonhas2brains.blogspot.com/2011/02/oprah-boy-who-tried-to-kill-his-mother.html

My son does NOT need and exorcism:
http://mysonhas2brains.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-son-does-not-need-exorcism.html

* * *

Video Source:
Uploaded on YouTube by  on Feb 17, 2011

2 comments:

  1. oh.oh.oh. This makes my heart hurt. Whose kid who has bipolar hasn't tried to stab them or waved knives around while psychotic? It is so common. My heart breaks for this boy being put through this media exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if he might have PANDAS... or a related condition... or if he's been checked for strep, myco or Lyme. So sad and I hope he gets the help he needs!

    ReplyDelete