Monday, March 7, 2011

In Good Company

Today I was reading through my blog list when I came across a very exciting post. My blog pal, Meg at Raising Bipolar, was listed as one of the top 5 Bipolar Blogs on Psychology Degree Online. As I was doing a happy dance for her, I read on and found out that I too was nominated on this top 5 list along with my other pal Marybeth at Ask A Bipolar.

I’m thrilled to be in such good company and know that my blog is reaching others and having a positive impact. Thank you Psychology Degree Online, you made my day!

Here’s what they said about my blog:

The diagnosis of bipolar disorder often has life-changing consequences for both the patient and his or her family. One way that people with bipolar disorder cope with the emotional highs and lows, the various drug and therapy regimens, and relationships with family and friends is to maintain a blog chronicling their progress and treatment. We've searched the web to find 50 of the best bipolar disorder blogs.

My Son Has 2 Brains
: This is a blog by a mother of three boys, the eldest being recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder.





  • Why we love it: She offers intensely personal writing about the toll bipolar disorder takes on a family.
  • Favorite Post: Wanting Accommodations.


See the complete list here:

Time to do a happy dance!!!

* * *

References:
Psychology Degree Online
50 Best Bipolar Disorder Blogs

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I think it is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! Congratulations on a well-deserved honor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama Bear's MILMarch 8, 2011 at 8:45 AM

    PROUD - PROUD - PROUD ! Good Job, Mama Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! You definitely deserved the award!! I can't tell you how many times I come to read your blog to find comfort and understanding...especially during the rough patches! I also have to agree on their pick for their favorite post...it's one of mine too...and one I refer back to quite often!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing.. I have found your blog to be very helpfull in the struggle with my own BP child...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I only found your blog last night and spent hours reading old posts. I feel like you are telling my family story. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!

    Welcome Colleen and Anonymous, I’m glad you found us here, I look forward to hearing from you again.

    Renae-I’m so glad you find comfort here, that’s what really makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Mama Bear! Wish I could find more blogs about other teens dealing with bipolar disorder. I'm really glad I found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Hayden, I’m glad that you’ve found your own voice in the blog world at such a young age. I’ll keep you in mind if I come across any good teen blogs I can share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. :-) Didn't really have internet at home so this whole "blog" thing is still new to me. Had internet at school and friends houses, but not at our own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this the other day and meant to come by and say congratulations right away, sorry it has taken so long! How awesome for you both. I am honored to "know" you and count you both as part of my extended support :).

    ReplyDelete