Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Born Again

“I feel born again.”

These are the words my son used to describe the positive change in his life after starting Lithium recently.

Do I need to say more?

Oh, I can’t resist, so I will. I just have to share that we had an amazing day going outside our usual comfort zone. We got to play miniature golf, go out to a fancy lunch in a new location with new food (always a source of stress) and we even went on a small train ride in an outdoor mall. The entire time my son was engaged with our family in a way that I’ve never seen. It’s like he’s taken a whole new role in our family, he’s so kind, empathetic, helpful and connected to the family unit. A few times he communicated stressors, but to our delight, he was willing to try therapy techniques to overcome challenges and he found out in the end that these stressors were no big deal and he had one of the best days of his life!

* * *

Check back for my next post when I share about my amazing trip to Stanford where I attended the 7th Annual Mood Disorders Education Day. Sorry it’s taking so long to share, but we’ve been having too much fun!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful wonderful news Mama Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama, I am SO happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Go have fun playing. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful news. It is so good to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOO happy for you, your family and your son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grinning my face off over here. Sooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smiling from ear to ear for you! I'm so glad you guys finally found some peace. May it last a long long time for all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete