Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bipolar Mood Monitor App!



I just found this Apple mobile app that allows bipolar patients to easily track and chart their moods everyday using simple tools right on their iPhone or iPod Touch. It also includes comment and alert functions and one-step email so charts can be sent to specific addresses, like your doctor. Users can make entries in a matter of seconds and review details at any time.


Here’s an example of one chart available.


You can read more about it in the Scoop Health article listed below or find it for yourself in the iTunes App store for $4.99. I just discovered it, so I haven’t tried it out yet, but I took a peek at the graphics and thought they looked pretty cool and easy to use. Let me know if you’ve tried it and if it’s something you’d recommend!

Scoop Health Article:
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/GE1108/S00029/new-mobile-app-helps-manage-bipolar-disorder.htm


13 comments:

  1. That looks like a great idea! My 16 yr old has an itouch that he can put this app on. That will really be helpful when we see the doc and have to say how he's been feeling. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boxturtle- You're welcome, let us know how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is so wonderful! I don't have an apple product, but I'm heading over to look for an app for my blackberry right now!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, that would be a "duh" factor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if they have that available for Android? I could soooooo use something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mo4-Hmmm. I’m not sure, let us know if you find one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wondered about using an app for my son on his iPod touch (since he doesn't seem to like the paper mood charting very well) But I haven't taken the leap (esp since the iPod ends up being part of our disciplinary measures) So I too would like to get some feedback from someone who has been using it--because I've found several different apps in the apple store--and don't know which one would work best either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just picked up on this blog and would like to help Heather if I could. I am the designer of the 'Bipolar Mood Monitor' app. I would like to give away a free voucher to download the app if you would like it?
    I'm sure your son will find it more motivating to use than a paper version.
    You can redeem the voucher number through the redeem link either on the featured screen on an iPhone/iPod or in the App Store screen of iTunes.
    If you would like the number, I could post it here, but it can only be used once.
    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jonathan, I would be interested in the voucher. You could post it in the comments section on my blog if you like: http://mustangmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jonathan for stopping by and offering a voucher to Heather!

    Heather- Maybe you can let us know what you think after you give it a trial run!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jonathan. I got it installed on my son's iPod and will give you feedback after he's used it for a while. And I will report back here and let everyone else know how it is working.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Heather, thanks for letting me know you got it OK. I hope you find it a valuable tool for your son (and you), many others have.
    I look forward to your comments.
    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Heather, I was wondering if your son found the app helpful?
    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete