Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Camping Trip


I just got home from an amazing camping trip with my boys. This is the second trip we’ve ever taken the kids on, the first one resulted in our toddler wandering off into the woods within minutes of arriving while unpacking the car. The panic alone almost put me into labor with our third boy. After that trip, we decided camping wasn’t for us until the kids were older.

Now, with our oldest still doing great on Lithium, we decided to join our family on a special trip with their Grandparents and Aunt and Uncle. I’m so glad we did it.

My Dad is amazing with them, as the boys refer to him as their “Adventurous Grandpa”. He took them on nature walks through the woods, he taught them how to pan for gold and even brought out his metal detector to search for buried treasure! Their Aunt and Uncle taught them how to row a canoe, how to work a paddle boat and how to affectively splash their brother. Thanks to them, I was able to relax a little and read a book!

For me, the most amazing thing was when all three boys put on their life jackets and swam across the entire lake! Yes, it was a small lake, but for 3 young boys, who have never been in water over their heads, this was a huge achievement.

To see my son trying new things, enduring stressful situations all while being out of his element was a significant test that the Lithium is still working. While there were some minor moments, he demonstrated outstanding ability in overcoming his stress and was really able to enjoy being a 10 year old boy!

* * *

Thank you to my family for being so supportive and making this trip spectacular!

Photo Source:
I took this photo of the lake while on our nature walk.

9 comments:

  1. I am so pleased that you and the boys were able to enjoy a great few days of relaxing out in the great outdoors. This is such a great experience and what childhood memories are made of. Thanks, "other" Grandpa and Grandma for making this experience great for all of them.

    Mama Bear's MIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you all had a wonderful time. We are going to try camping next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Goodness Mama. I have tears of joy for you all! This iS such wonderful news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great!! I'm so happy for you, your son, and your whole family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thrilled to hear your camping trip was wonderful. I said prayers for you guys and thought of you while you were away. What a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very special trip; thanks for sharing it with us! And I'm so happy the Lithium is still working!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone, it feels like we are able to enjoy life like never before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful thing! I'm so happy for your whole family!

    ReplyDelete