Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Tale of Two Boys—A Must Read!

I came across this essay written by “Anon in the Midwest” through CABF. It is her story, yet I believe one that most of us can relate to. It is from the heart, raw and intense, yet clarifies the complicated life we live. Reading it made me ache and made me want to fight for our families. If you haven’t checked it out yet, go there now and read it for yourself!

A Tale of Two Boys
(This story is found under the headline: A Son’s Demons)


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link Mama Bear. The author of that article described my son to a T. Like her we have found no help that has worked for him. He's been on medication, intensive therapy, and residential care with no changes. We have to keep everything locked up for fear he will hurt us one day. And we are exhausted parents who are trying to manage him at home. I don't know but something I suspect will give soon and we will have to place him again to protect our other boys and ourselves. We know he is so fragile emotionally and take these decisions very seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sorry to hear what you're going through Shari. I too can see my son in the essay above. I could relate to the part where a parent is trying to protect the sweet child inside while protecting the family from the other side. It is a complicated dynamic. I can imagine you battle this right now in your situation.

    ReplyDelete