Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bring on the Compliments!

Yesterday at church, one of my son’s bible study teachers came up to us after class to compliment our son’s good behavior and made the comment that, “he’s completely different”, then asked, “Is it like getting your old son back?”

What I found interesting about this conversation was that it was coming from someone who only sees our son maybe once a month for 30 minutes due to her rotating schedule. I was surprised to see that she could see the difference in our son after so little exposure. I found it pretty cool to be honest!

Our son continues to thrive on Lithium in many ways. He participated in an extracurricular activity for the first time last week, earning praise from his former school teacher. He brought a new friend home for a playdate and even attended a birthday party where for the first time, he really enjoyed himself and even asked if he could stay longer. We can definitely see his social world expanding!

Moments like these give me hope for his future, but more importantly they give me so much joy today!

8 comments:

  1. that is fantastic. i know how precious those moments are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an outstanding mother for finding the medication that works best for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GB’s Mom- Honestly, I think it has more to do with luck than mothering, I wish everyone else could get to this place, I know that it’s incredibly difficult and when you’re finally there, it feels extremely fragile and in the back of your head, you know it may not last, so you try and enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I hope the title of my post doesn't make anyone think I was looking for compliments from my readers, my title is more of a celebration of the compliments that we’ve received lately by those who know our son. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. No the title didn't imply that. i thought it meant the compliments for your son were greatly appreciated considering... When the usual feedback is negative, you feel like you need to get some bonuses where you can. Big high five MB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very loving mother. I really inspire your emotions. I regard this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all such wonderful news!!! I wish more parents were as open to medicating as you are because look at all the good that has come of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gift Mama Bear!! Lithium has also truly been a gift to you and your son!

    ReplyDelete