Sunday, September 11, 2011

Spontaneous Hugs

Spontaneous hugs. 

They’re rarely seen and disappear as fast as they arrive. 

They steal my breath every time.

They remain speechless and travel with a grin,

speaking volumes of the love within.

They push away the past and bring hope for the future,  

making me patient for the anticipated cure. 

I never expect them, 

surprised that they’re from him,

and find myself blessed 

with his spontaneous hugs.


– Mama Bear


* * *

I always know when my son is feeling good, 
he gives me spontaneous hugs!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going really well there! Good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is often the most unexpected, simple joys of life that make it all worthwhile. No need to analyze, just revel in the joy of it at the moment and the "warm fuzzies" that sustains us all. Love sometimes comes in small, unforgettable
    moments that last a lifetime. Just love it !! What beautiful words you used to describe it.

    MIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. MIL- I love what you said:

    "Love sometimes comes in small, unforgettable
    moments that last a lifetime."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! One of the things I love most about my little Bug is that when she's stable she's such a sweet, affectionate girl. She gives the best hugs!

    ReplyDelete