Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Game of Catch

Today my husband played a game of catch with my son. This may seem insignificant to most, but to us, this was a huge step.

There was a time when my husband had to let go of such dreams. All of the typical things a Dad dreams of doing with his son were not possible because of my son’s moods. He was either too depressed, anxious or agitated, this of course stole any self confidence and made him give up easily when frustrated or refuse to play all together. But this weekend, my husband bought a new football and tried once again to play a game of catch.

I wish you could’ve seen the smile that was on both of their faces, the pride my son had when he caught the ball or even better, when he could throw it past his Dad. What was a game of catch to most, was a dream come true for us.


4 comments:

  1. I love this story! I can just *see* both guys with big smiles...even though I don't know what they look like. ;) While traveling to VA this past weekend I saw a car with the license plate "mamabear". I thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jewell- LOL! A Mama Bear in VA, how cool is that! We're a dangerous breed, but warm and fuzzy too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! for the little things that bring parents of BP kids such joy and others take for granted. That's wonderful, MamaBear! Tell PapBear I think he's pretty awesome for continuing to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calm Fury- Thanks, I will definitely pass your message onto Papa Bear!

    ReplyDelete