Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

This morning my son woke us up at 4:30 am, he said his melatonin stopped working and he was too excited for Santa. By 6 am, I found him seated on my bedroom floor watching my alarm clock, waiting for the golden hour of 6:01 am when the boys were allowed to wake us up for Santa gifts.

After the boys ran downstairs to see their gifts, my middle son declared with joy, “Somebody must have been really good this year!” I couldn’t agree more!

Over the last few days, we had many family gatherings including church and Christmas dinner at Grandma’s house. My son was such a trooper. He had a few moments of feeling overwhelmed, but after taking steps to distance himself on his own, he was able to join back into the fun. Honestly, he did much better than I expected, I was pretty proud of him for being so flexible with his lack of sleep, tons of excitement and a few too many cookies.

Tomorrow we’ve planned a day of rest, our hope is to recharge our batteries with a family jammie day and hopefully a lot of cuddling on the couch. I have to admit, even this mama bear is feeling worn out.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!


1 comment:

  1. Perfect! Sounds much like our holiday - and we had a sweet, calm day of peace and gratitude today. Wishing you a peaceful New Year!

    ReplyDelete