Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Love and Chocolate


After a rough few days, my sweet husband surprised me with a card and a bag of my favorite chocolates last night. Yes, he really is that awesome!

The card says, “It sucks!”,

then on the inside, it says, “I wish there was something I could do.”

Then in his own handwriting, he wrote,

I can pray with you,
I can love you,
I can support you,
I can do the dishes,
I can take over when you tap out,
I can give you a night off,
But most of all I can just plain love you!

My husband knows just what I need when things get tough, I feel incredibly blessed to have him by my side through all of this. By the way, he really did do the dishes and made the kids’ lunch after a rough night with our son. And the chocolates, well that’s just icing on the cake!

(Love you Papa Bear)


6 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! Papa Bear is a great dad and husband! I hope things smooth over soon with your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Papa bear is the best!

      Delete
  2. Yay! We're both so lucky to have such love and support in the same house with our struggling kiddos. So glad you have him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree boxturtle, I know I'm fortunate, many marriages fall apart under the strain. we are both blessed women! My heart goes out to single parent homes, I can't imagine how they do it without a partner, they are true super parents!

      Delete
  3. Papa Bear could not have picked a better Mama Bear. I've always been proud of him, but that was before we knew you.
    Now, I could not be more proud of both of you and my three Boy Bears. I give thanks daily for all five of you. You are all a blessing to me. Keep up the good work and Much Love to all of my Bears,

    Grandpa Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have you to thank Grandpa Bear, my man is such a loving husband because of the beautiful example you showed him by loving Grandma bear so well. You two are still romantic bears and continue to inspire our marriage! Love you!

      Delete