Sunday, February 19, 2012

Basking in the Joy

With the warmer temps and increasing sunshine, we’ve seen an unexpected joy with our son.  He seems so much more relaxed and happier overall. I would compare this to the months that followed the start of Lithium. But as winter came in, so did the irritability. It wasn’t constant, but just enough that we longed for those previous months.

But today, my husband and I both commented on the change in our son. It’s hard to explain and to an outsider it may be impossible to notice, but my husband nodded in agreement saying, “I know exactly what you’re seeing, I’m seeing it too!”

Now I don’t want to get my hopes up, but I’m secretly wishing that as spring comes in, we’ll return to that bliss we experienced for so many months before winter.

In the meantime, I’m basking in the warmth of my son’s joy today.



4 comments:

  1. I completely understand as the same is true of my son. I am beginning to be a real believer in the Vitamin D theory. The more he gets (from the sun and from supplements), the better his disposition and behavior!
    By the way, I am new to your blog and I thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana, I was wondering, did your child test low for Vitamin D? My son is getting tested again because it was low for him.

      Delete
  2. I completely understand! My son does much better with the warmer weather. I am beginning to be a big believer in the vitamin D theory!

    ReplyDelete