Tuesday, May 22, 2012

8th Annual Mood Disorder Education Day



This is a wonderful event that I’ve been fortunate to attend the past two years. They always have great speakers and even better, time to ask researchers face-to-face the questions you can’t wait to ask. If you live in the area, I encourage you to check it out, it’s free and even includes lunch! Keep in mind that you’ll need to register to attend.

When:
Saturday July 28, 2012
8:30 am–3:30 pm

Where:
William R. Hewlett Teaching Center
370 Serra Mall
Stanford, CA 94305

Check out the schedule and details at the following link under “Speakers and Topics”:
http://bipolar.stanford.edu/

* * *

Here are my posts about the past two events:

My Visit to Stanford University 2011:

My Visit to Stanford University 2010:




4 comments:

  1. A friend saw this post before I did and really thinks I should attend. I live on the East Coast and would have to fly out. I'm considering it. My 8yr old daughter just finished testings and has several diagnosis' including BD. :/ I'm debating whether its worth the flight and hotel to come out. But encouraged by your older posts and comments on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are unsure, maybe you would like to know that they do post video of the speakers a month or two after the event so you can see what was discussed, of course you would miss the small question time, but that may save you the trip. I did notice that this year they do not have a speaker on children and bipolar disorder like they have the past two years, you may want to call them or email them to get more details to help you decide. I called last year to make sure that the event would have new info compared to the previous year and they assured me it would. This helped with my decision.

      Maybe Heather or Bug's Mom can chime in....

      Delete
  2. Hi Mya,

    This is a great event, even though as Mama Bear pointed out, it's disappointing there won't be a session related to children this year. Because I live in the area and it's free, I'd go for Dr. Singh's Q&A session. And because I always do seem to learn something new at the other sessions, too. But if your main interest is getting more information about pediatric BP disorder, I don't know that it's worth spending the time and money to travel here from the East Coast. I would probably just wait to see the presentations online.

    Mama Bear-I'm really bummed that I probably won't make it this year. I just found out we have an out-of-town wedding to go to, and I don't think we'll be back in time for the mood disorders day. Look forward to hearing about it from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you won't be there, it's always fun to see you there! I hope to make it if our plans work out.

      Delete