Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Psych Week on Discovery!

Starting Sunday night, the Discovery channel is airing their Psych Week series. Hosted by Carrie Fisher, the topics include agoraphobia, sexsomnia, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, hoarding, OCD and multiple-personality disorder.

Here are a few that may interest you:

Bipolar Mysteries
Sunday, June 3 at 8 PM ET/PT
This episode has the story of 7 year old Chase. You can read the interview I did with his mom Kristen here (See the comment section of the post for her response) or watch the video below:

Born Schizophrenic: Jani’s Story
Sunday, June 3 at 9 PM ET/PT
See Jani’s Father’s blog here:

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Mama Bear. I showed Bug the clip of the girl with bipolar disorder and she very much related to it. Unfortunately, we missed the airing of the complete show, but I hope to catch it if it reruns or online if it's available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did Bug seem uncomfortable watching it? I was wondering if I should show it to my son, but wasn't sure if it would help or hurt him to see it.

      Delete
  2. I was a little nervous about that, too. But it seemed to make her feel better knowing there are other girls out there describing how it feels to go through what she does. She really wanted to see the whole show!

    ReplyDelete