Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Seasons of Change

This is our last week of school.

Honestly, I wish it wasn’t, I’ve grown to really appreciate my time while the boys are in school to tackle chores or work from home. I think I’m feeling a little stressed knowing that I’ll be trying to keep the boys entertained and behaving from morning until night.

The blessing is that my son is doing so much better than this time last year. He continues to appear stable which is fantastic, but he’s starting to show preteen defiance which is a bummer.

It’s funny, one would think that this kind of defiance is the same as his unstable behavior, but it isn’t. I wish I could explain it, but there’s not much anger, instead I see more of an annoyance that I exist and telling him what to do. Where the unstable behavior is coming from a very different, scary place.

This season of change brings me some sadness. I feel like we just got him stable and I want to enjoy our relationship, but he’s now outgrown his mom and seems irritated by anything I say. I know this phase happens to all kids as they grow and it’s something to celebrate, but a part of me wishes I could have enjoyed our time better while he was still young.



4 comments:

  1. I hope your summer goes better than you are anticipating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks In the Pink! I hope you have a good summer too!

      Delete
  2. I had 5 great months from the time my daughter was finally stabilized and puberty. Wish I could say it was easy....but it's not.

    Hope you're summer goes well. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that with me, I felt bad for complaining about it in my post, but it was an honest feeling of disappointment. I’m glad to know that I’m not alone.

      Delete