Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Welcomed Surprise!



I mentioned in my last post that I’m ready for summer to be over with since my kids have been so challenging, but today I have to share the beautiful surprise they left me this week.

It was after another gruesome day at the pool, basically we went home early since their behavior was out of control.

Once home, I heard a lot of whispering behind closed doors then about 30 minutes later I was told to go to my office. As I walked through the house I found notes taped to the wall that said, “Go to your office Mommy!” Once there, I opened the door and found a cute arrangement of envelopes and toy flowers. Each of the boys had a grin on their face that revealed their excitement and anticipation as they encouraged me to open the envelopes. Inside I found handwritten notes apologizing for their behavior at the pool along with a coupon to do whatever I wanted. Then to top it off, they played a voice recorder that taped each of the boys apologizing to me and saying they loved me.

WOW!!!

What a perfect surprise for one worn out mama.

I have to add that the notes were not an empty gesture, my youngest decided that he wanted to do the dishes with me for the next two weeks as part of his coupon and that evening he stood by my side for the first time being such a good helper. It was awesome!!


I guess summer ain’t all that bad after all...




5 comments:

  1. That is so precious! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What AWESOME grandsons I have ! In spite of all the challenges you are faced with, it can all seem to vanish (at least for the moment) with tender moments such as these. I thinks they learn well from their father,right? You are both such inspiring parents. Keep it up.

    MIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how sweet. We have to remember all the good that comes with all the challenges. When I have a good day, my husband reminds me "write that down in your journal too!"

    ReplyDelete