Tuesday, July 24, 2012

One of Those Days

Monday was one of those days.

I spent the whole day breaking up fights with my kids.

My oldest was having trouble managing his boredom, which led to a lot of bad, threatening behavior and disrespect towards me. This led to me once again locking him outside to play by himself. (A method prescribed by our psychiatrist.)

My youngest was having meltdowns whenever my oldest wasn’t demanding my attention.

At one point my youngest was crying about a crumpled poster he put in the trash, he couldn’t get past the “nervous feeling” he had about it sitting in the garbage can. We spent almost an hour dealing with his anxiety.

Follow that with more fighting among brothers and being called “the worst mother in the world” because I don’t allow them to play electronics all day.

Monday was one of those days... I can’t wait for summer to be over.


1 comment:

  1. Oye...you are made of some strong stuff Mama Bear. Hope the rest of summer is kind to your boys.

    ReplyDelete