Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Good News!

I’m thrilled to share some good news! First, today my son had an ultra sound and EKG on his heart and the cardiologist was able to determine that my son’s heart murmur is considered “innocent” and that everything looks normal. He also clarified that we don’t have to worry about his murmur turning into something bad in the future. Phew, it’s nice to know that there’s one doctor we won’t have to see again.

Then, I wanted to share with you how proud I am of my oldest who attended his first school dance. None of us thought it was a possibility since he boldly stated that he was NOT going, but the day of the dance he decided to go for it. Since it was for 6 graders, the dance was right after school, from 3-4:30 pm, so we tried to encourage him that it wasn’t like going to prom, but rather an extra hour and a half to hang out with friends. I can’t tell you how proud I am of him for being brave and trying something new on his own, this is a major step! Afterwards he had a huge smile on his face and chatted about how fun it was. He spent his time walking around with friends while enjoying a soda and some candy he bought at the dance. He admitted that as he approached the dance in the beginning he was very nervous, but did it anyways. Wow, how far we’ve come!

Add to that, both my oldest and my middle son joined the church youth group this week for the first time and loved it. After years of being secluded because of our challenges, we’re finally coming out into the world and it feels so good!

At last, I have some really big news for my youngest. This week he asked if he could pray to accept Jesus in his heart. So of course we jumped on the opportunity by gathering our family around. But instead of Mom or Dad leading the prayer, my middle son who wants to be a pastor when he grows up stepped up and lead his brother through prayer to accept Jesus in his heart. Afterwards, we were all misty-eyed. My youngest cheered, “Yay, I’m a Christian!” and my middle son shared with gentle words, “My heart feels all warm inside.”

It was a very special week in the Mama Bear household! Praise God!


5 comments:

  1. You know what "middle son"? My heart feels all warm too! I'm so proud of "oldest son", I know what a challenge that was to make that decision to go to the dance. Now that he has done it, it will be so much easier the next time, and the next, and the next. Our little guy is coming along just fine and his decision, of course, makes me so proud. Of all of you!

    MIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to share an update with you Mama Bear. Spoke with a friend of mine who left town some years ago when our kids were all little. Her daughter who is the same age as our youngest went on to develop OCD issues and could not stop hurting herself. Her family reached out, got help, reluctantly turned to medication which did wonders. My friend's daughter just started high school and is doing well. I asked about her OCD and she said it is completely gone. No issues what so ever. It's like she outgrew it. She was on medication, weaned down till none and has been doing well ever since. Keep faith my love! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging story, it’s so good to hear!

      Delete
  3. That is wonderful news on all accounts, but particularly love the "accepting Jesus" story as that is an event that will help him and you venture out into the world more confident, knowing he has someone to turn to if you aren't right there with him.

    ReplyDelete