Sunday, September 9, 2012

No Room for Worry

It’s a new week with new doctor appointments. At my son’s last physical they found a heart murmur. It’s most likely nothing, but his pediatrician wanted to have the cardiologist take a look at it to make sure he’s ok.

I’m not really worried, sometimes it seems that there’s just too many other things to be worried about that there isn’t room for more. I only have a small concern since he’s taking medication, has a kidney birth defect that can cause high blood pressure and thus heart problems. I also have a family history of heart issues with my oldest brother dying as a baby because of a heart defect. But I’m sure it’s nothing.

Then my youngest is being called back to the pediatrician because she wants to measure his birthmarks which are referred to as cafe-au-lait spots. According to her, having 6 or more of these marks can make you a possible candidate for developing a common genetic disorder called Neurofibromatosis. Hopefully this is just her being very thorough and we have nothing to worry about.

Like I said, I don’t have room for more worry, I’ll just have to give this over to God.

5 comments:

  1. My heart and prayers will be with you and the boys today as you go to the doctor. Parenting is so full of challenging things, huh? Go ahead and give it to God - he is very BIG and can handle it.

    MIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, like you need anything more to worry about! But you are right--there is no more room for worry. You just have to take things as they come and "not borrow trouble for the future." Also, doctors these days need to be over cautious to protect themselves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I like that, not borrow trouble for the future, I’ll keep that in mind!

      Delete
  3. Bummer! Hope everything's okay--sounds like it will be. You have such a great attitude!

    ReplyDelete