Thursday, November 29, 2012

Party Time!

Tomorrow my oldest son is attending an ice cream party at the middle school for earning good grades this trimester. He earned 4–As and 2–B+s, sorry I had to brag because he worked so hard for this! I also have to give credit to his study skills teacher, even my son has admitted that his success wasn’t possible without her. One teacher really can make all the difference.

Over the semester she has adjusted her teaching style to his learning style, she has cleverly figured out how to motivate and encourage him, from experience I can share this isn’t an easy thing to master. I also find her to be extremely committed. One night I sent her an email at 11:00 pm and within 5 minutes, she called my cell phone to discuss the situation and come up with a plan to put into action, she talked with me for 45 minutes that night!

Honestly, my husband and I were prepared that my son would not be able to get through this school year, but things have turned out better than we ever imagined! With the exception of the bullies, which is still a great concern, our son has managed to cope with so many stressors and challenging experiences. I am in awe of his incredible courage and resilience. He is one tough, smart cookie!

3 comments:

  1. This is great news. Congratulations to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's "Smarter than the average bear" Must be Mama bear genes.

    Papa Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news for your Son. Great turnaround.

    ReplyDelete