Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Boy and His Cape

This weekend my oldest son, now twelve years old, was getting ready to play in the open field by our home. First he packed his walkie-talkie to maintain communication with mom, then a water bottle filled with bathroom tap water (who has time to use the filtered water from the fridge), after that he put on his sneakers, doubled-tied of course and last but not least, he tied on his floor length black cape. Yep, my boy wears a cape sometimes.

I love that my son has the guts to embrace what makes him happy, even if it draws negative attention from the boys riding their BMX bikes nearby. He remains true to himself and I love that.


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Is this not something every one of us hope to achieve -- UNIQUENESS? I love you for your uniqueness, my sweet! Never give it up.

      Delete
  2. I love it! Bug still talks to her stuffed animals--and makes them talk back to her in special voices. Sometimes she worries this makes her weird, but I think it's wonderful and a product of her great imagination and individuality. She was also very attached to a cape for a long time and would even wear it to school.

    ReplyDelete