Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Encouraging Words...

Like many of you, I feel such heaviness and despair for those suffering the unimaginable this week. It’s easy to feel like we’re surrounded by evil, but as I watched the images of people racing in, putting their own lives at risk to help others, I’m reminded that there’s far greater good in this world.

I know it may seem cliche to post the famous quote circling the internet this week, but honestly, I can’t read it enough:

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’”
—Fred Rogers
* * *

Link to see how you can help the victims:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/15/help-boston-marathon-victims_n_3087183.html 

Link to video above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZbXM3Kzd7o&feature=player_embedded


4 comments:

  1. Had this been an actually emergency the Children's television host you just would be followed by King Friday, Lady Aberlin and a Trollie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been a terrible time. But there is really never a bad time to learn something from that particular man. One of the best men to walk the planet. It counterbalances the sense of evil of a pair of brothers who can do something so terrible. It does not make it okay, but it can remind us that there are genuinely wonderful people in our Neighborhoods, too.

    ReplyDelete