Friday, May 10, 2013

Sometimes It’s Hard Not to Laugh

Yesterday I had my youngest son write a note in a card to his great grandmother to wish her a happy Mother’s Day. As I headed upstairs to handle something, my oldest son yelled out, “Oh NO! Mom, you have to see what he wrote!”

There in bold, large letters covering half of the card it said,

“Even if you DIE, I still love you.”

Trying hard to keep a straight face, I explained to my little one that Great Grandma may not like to read the word “DIE” in her Mother’s Day card. In a matter-of-fact tone, he respond, “Well she’s almost 100 years old, so she’s going to die soon.”

After a little fancy artwork, we were able to camaflouge the word “Die”, but the memory of it still makes me giggle.

Kid’s say the darndest things...






1 comment: