Sunday, July 21, 2013

Meditation

One of the tools our therapist is using with our youngest is meditation, it’s for self soothing so he can get control of his emotions and help himself calm down. I’ll admit that meditation is new for me, I tend to use prayer for this but I’m willing to try new things and see what sticks with my boys. My Aunt recently shared with me a free 21-day meditation challenge with Oprah and Deepak Chopra, MD, who is highly recommended by my awesome Aunt and of course, Oprah. If you’re interested in participating, sign up by following the link below, it begins on August 5th:

https://chopracentermeditation.com/home

I have to admit, it’s seriously cute seeing my little one with his legs crossed while meditating!

3 comments:

  1. Just registered. I'm coming along for the ride. I know a couple of teenagers who will probably be coming along too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear mama bear
    I went through your blog I felt so good. I too am a person with a lot of mood and emotional problems including bipolar disorder. Like you even I had god involving himself in my life. Of course he did it through a person called naran balakumar. This person does not make any spiritual claims; however recommends a few simple mantras switch words bach flower remedies among others for all life problems. He is from chennai india. If you google naran balakumars healing products then you will find him. From there on its your call. He teaches forgiveness reiki nlp among other things. I am a beneficiary of his simple but very effective methods. Please forgive me if you find me impertinent in popping out of the blue and suggesting something new. I liked mama bears. My mom and elder sister are both mama bears and they play a great role in my life. By the way he is for all religions.
    Regards
    Rajith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is he pretty receptive to the meditation? I grew up with meditation, but when I tried to introduce it to my son he just thought it was silly. So I just try to get him to do some Yoga breathing with me sometimes (belly, ribcage, chest, let go the opposite) I'll get one or two breaths from him.

    ReplyDelete