Sunday, August 25, 2013

“I’m Moving Out!”

Well we survived the first week of school, everyone’s a little cranky at the end of the day, but we’re getting by. By Saturday night my youngest had had enough of his family and declared, “That’s it, I’m moving out to get away from you people!” This is after he showed me a Magna Doodle with the words “I hate you!” written on it, all because it was time for bed and he couldn’t stay up late to watch a movie.

I wasn’t surprised by his antics, since he’s pretty extreme with his reactions, it’s either “The best day ever,” or “The worst day of my life!” What I wasn’t prepared for was his follow through on Saturday night.

Shortly after declaring he was moving out, he came downstairs with a pile of neatly folded clothes, 5 pairs of jeans and 5 t-shirts to be exact and his iPod of course. I didn’t have the heart to point out that he was missing his iPod charger. With a look of distain he marched into the room, carrying his folded clothes and announced, “I’m leaving here forever!” Then out the back door he went into the night.

Honestly, I had to try hard not to giggle because it was all so darn cute, he was the first of my boys to “move out” and his performance was admirable. Before he left I asked him a few questions to consider such as, “Where will you go in the dark of night?” To which he responded, “I’m going somewhere far way from here!” Then I asked what he was going to eat while he was on his own. This question stumped him and after some deep thought he said, “I’ll become survivor man!”

After about 10 minutes of living on his own (in our backyard), he came back inside and into my arms, crying saying that he couldn’t tell me a lie and that he loved me and was not really moving away.

What a relief, I would really miss that little guy!





4 comments:

  1. Wow. I remember doing that when I was a little older. Saying I was running away and then hiding under a tree on my parents land (they have 40 acres) for about an hour before I got bored and scared.

    Glad it had a good outcome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I would miss him too. That little guy keeps us on our toes all the time, doesn't he? He also fill our hearts with love and our faces with smiles. (Even when we have to hide the smiles so that he can be serious when he needs to). Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember "running away" to the side of the house, tucked back behind the air conditioner. I just remember the feeling of wanting to be away from everyone, no one knowing where I was. Come to think of it, I still have numerous "running away" moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! PAR.

    ReplyDelete