Thursday, October 3, 2013

More than One Voice

I wasn’t surprised to see all of your encouraging responses to my post I am so Angry. What did surprise me was that Bob Carolla, Director of Media Relations, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) reached out with his support and offered to contact CNN to run a news story. Sometimes I feel all alone and other times I feel surrounded by support from all over the world. It’s amazing!

Today another blogger/mom/advocate has contributed to the public outcry in her Squidoo post, featuring several examples of the stigma in Halloween including my post. My favorite example is her photo comparison of what a Halloween costume label as “Mental Patient” looks like compared to her very own adorable photo, showing a beautiful, successful mom of 4 who happens to have a mental illness. You have to check it out!

I get so happy seeing our online community coming together for the good of others.

Take Mental Health Stigma Out of Halloween

1 comment: