Monday, March 17, 2014

Little Man In Trouble

Last week my youngest came home from school with a sad face.

He grumbled, “I got in trouble today.”

When I asked what happened, he said, “I was reading to the second grade class (a younger class he has read to in the past), when two of my classmates came in and told me I had to go back to my classroom.”

“When I got back to my classroom my teacher told me I was in trouble for leaving.”

Sensing a detail missing, I asked him “Did you ask your teacher if you could leave the class to read to the second grade class?”

My youngest adamantly protested, “No! I already got permission from the second grade teacher last week. She told me that I could come back anytime to read to her class.”

And that’s exactly what he did!

Unfortunately, it was without his teacher’s approval and during his own class time.

I can’t help but find the whole situation amusing…

2 comments:

  1. I'm giggling! I have a VERY literal son as well, and we have to be careful what we say to him for this exact reason. I love your son's determination.

    ReplyDelete